Happy Chinese New Year!!


I decorated my wall with red packets that I received so far!

Finally, it's here!

I've never been so impatient for CNY to arrive, simply because 2014 is the year when I decided to take a slightly more traditional approach. I kept all of my latest buys in my closet, unworn, so I can have a huge selection to wear on CNY.

I'm not traditional- usually- but I feel that my luck has been getting worse and worse. So what do I have to lose by being traditional for once? 

So I went ahead with this look! Chosen because my mother really loves it.

Candid shots are nice. Thanks, Mother!^^v
Dress: Style Pixies
Belt: Lelivery
Shoes: Club Couture


So I helped my mother spray paint her mouldy pot to disguise, well the mould. I ended up spraying my fingers by accident, so I used nail polish to hide the bit of paint that I couldn't wash off.

I learned I'm really bad at nail polish art.

It's supposed to be flowers... hahaha
So I redid it.


Wasn't much better. So I redid it. Again.


I just left it as is. Not great, but hey, I'll accept that this is the best I can do as a newbie! ^^

Hehe an interesting thing... the black nail polish dried up, so in the first attempt, this is the side view. My mother and I laughed our heads off. #somuchfail



Nails aside, here's my cousin!


This CNY, I decided to Polaroid it!


My mother loves the idea so much that I'm only left with two polaroids. She kept the rest. Hahaha!




After a long, tiring day of visitations... I came home and noticed this on the goodie table. An epic box of Ferrero Rocher!


More photos of my look for Chu 1 (Day 1 of CNY)!!

Oh btw, I was so traditional, I even gave oranges to my parents at 5am and gave them well wishings for the lunar new year! I never do that.

And 5am because my mother was reminiscing about her past when her siblings and her woke up at 5am to give the family elders well wishes.

Whee~

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!!!

- Anna








Comments

Popular Posts