Vanilla Bar & Cafe





There's this cute little place tucked away at the crossroads of a rather ulu, off the beaten pathway kind of location.

Serving "Japanese fusion comfort food, premium coffee and breakfast all day", it's none other than the Vanilla Cafe! I think my friend saw this mentioned in Lady Iron Chef's awesome food blog, so we sought it out to see if it's really as good as what the popular food blogger says!

In the evenings, the Vanilla Cafe transforms into a cocktail bar, serving some alcoholic drinks on top of food and dessert.

Wagyu Steak

Some fusion pasta

Um.. some more pasta
Vanilla Dirt Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream (other ice cream flavours available, varies daily)

Mini Brownies

Photos courtesy of my friend, who seemed to have a bias for vertical shots only. Haha

Seeing as our visit was one year ago in 2013, I frankly can't remember what we ordered! What I do know, however, is that till now, what we can remember is how yummylicious the food all tasted! If I came away with a positive lasting impression, I'd say this place is definitely a thumbs-up!

A must-try is their "signature" dessert, the Vanilla Dirt Cake! It's that flower pot thing with a solitary gummy worm. I call it their "signature" because it seems rather unique to the Vanilla Cafe, and my friend said that she saw it mentioned as a special concoction to try at the cafe. So glad we took the suggestions of online reviews and gave this a go, because it was well worth the money!

I think the main courses that I saw cost around S$14.00 to S$40.00, and the desserts were S$6.00 to S$14.00. Don't quote me on this, though. There's also sandwiches, most of which are priced lower than what I quoted for the main courses. I don't even know if prices have increased since my visit. ^^

 The cafe is located at:

Photo Credits: TheCafection

3 Boon Tat Street #01-01
Singapore 069612


You don't really need a reservation- we walked in as a group of four at 8:30pm and got a table immediately. But for your convenience, here are the contact details and operating hours:

Tel: +65 64230366 
Email: info@vanillacafe.com.sg

Operating Hours: 
Mon-Thur: 1030am - 11pm 
Fri: 11am - 12 midnight
Sat: 11am - 9pm 
Closed on Sundays and Public holidays

Nope, this is not a review per se, since I don't remember much.

Till next time!

-Anna

Comments

Popular Posts