SmartPac- Snail Mail that isn't, Part 1 [ Annaxiu Reviews ]
I'm a frequent patron of post offices- I just have a penchant for snail mail. With everything electronic these days, there's just a novelty factor in snail mail that I enjoy. I even send the occasional postcard home when I'm abroad!
I use SmartPacs with SingPost whenever I feel like surprising someone with snail mail. Isn't it fun to receive mail in the post?
What is SmartPac?
SmartPac is totally fuss-free! SmartPac is for domestic deliveries only, and it's a prepaid postage service that comes with 24-hour tracking and assured next day doorstep delivery.
All you have to do is to purchase SmartPac from the post office or from Shop@Singpost, fill in the details of sender & recipient, then drop your SmartPac at any SingPost bulk posting box at the post office or street posting box!
And just so you know, there are 57 post offices and more than 800 posting boxes.
Benefits of SmartPac:
- It's lightweight and convenient- there's no need to weigh each package you want to mail so as to calculate postage before sending!
- SmartPacs are delivered straight to the recipient's doorstep.
- If no one is home to receive the delivery, the postman will place the SmartPac in your letterbox to keep it safe.
- You'll have a peace of mind with the tracking system in place
Disadvantages of using SmartPac:
- You'll have to estimate the weight of your items to determine which SmartPac to use- 600 grams? 3 kilograms?
Different Sizes of SmartPacs:
SmartPacs come in both boxes and polymailers (basically, waterproof envelopes!).
|Image from SingPost|
|Image from SingPost|
Limitations of SmartPacs:
- Items have to actually fit into the packaging. I've never had an issue with that.
- Items have to be 3kg or less, since the largest box is for 3kg deliveries.
- Items should not be flammable, illegal, radioactive, poisonous... etc. Common sense, really. See the photo below for more details.
How to track your SmartPac
- It's simple- just use SP.com, or download the SP Mobile App!
Who should use SmartPac:
Whether you want to mail items for personal or business purposes (for online shopping maybe?), SmartPac is a fuss-free option for you! And with doorstep delivery, it's convenient and safe.
Some say snail mail is more personal (as compared to emails), but I like it just because I think it's more fun than emails. You should really try it hahaha
How much do SmartPacs cost?
SmartPac Box: S$4.70
SmartPac Lite: S$3.80
SmartPac Mini: S$3.20
Poly M (Big): S$2.90
Poly M (Small): S$2.00
There's a discount of up to 12% for all SmartPac (Box/Lite/Mini) and Poly M (Big & Small) if you purchase at least 20 pieces at one go! Products are sold in bundles of 10 pieces, so do take note of that too.
For purchase of individual SmartPacs, you'll have to visit the post office.
There's currently an ongoing lucky draw! Simply follow the steps below to stand a chance to win:
- Upload a photo of you receiving or sending a SmartPac on Instagram
- Tag 3 friends and hashtag #SMARTwaytoPAC
- Like and follow @mysingpost
Here's the complete list of SingPost post offices in Singapore, with address and operating hours: https://www.singpost.com/list-of-post-offices